We are seeking a Customer Quality Engineer
to join our San Jose, CA
team! Customer Quality Engineers
are Customer facing quality leads for all quality issues related to a specific or group of Customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing customer quality issues.
- Defines and implements production part qualification requirements as a function of their thorough understanding of the Customer quality requirements
- Reports into Site Quality Head and supports operations team to understand Customer requirements
- Responsible for managing customer audits, scheduling, leading, follow up and closure on all audit actions.
- First point of contact for customer compliance, product quality, and process quality issues - expected to partner with Manufacturing, various Engineering teams, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations management.
- Specific responsibilities include meeting/exceeding all goals and objectives for:
- Customer Quality Scorecards
- Customer QMS & technical audits and action plan completion
- Customer reported defects – effectively manage 8Ds and meet all cycle-time metrics
- Effectively interface with Customer to notify material purge/recalls & problems
- Drive problem solving (8D) on all negatively impactful quality escapes to Customer
- Create various presentations and action plans to meet Customer & UCT communication needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrate skills in preventive quality methods and compliance, statistical data analysis, critical thinking, structured problem solving (8D), the use of metrics to identify opportunities, and business process improvement.
- Demonstrate the skills in managing customer quality issues, experience in setting up product and process quality control for equipment assembly line.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance, experience in product, process and system audit.
- Strong communication, leadership, & management skills.
- Min. of BS in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline is required, Mechanical engineering background is a plus.
- Registered ISO 9001 auditor with experience a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This section is required for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA)
- 5-10 years experiences in Functional management, compliance Engineering, Operations, Quality or Reliability.
- Experience in quality and manufacturing systems, business process improvement tools, and problem solving.
- Experience with the ISO 9001 standard is required.
- Experience managing critical customer communications.
- Experience with Lean, 6S, zero defect manufacturing processes, inspection methods and tools.
||Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Work Hours (if not regular day – i.e., shifts)
|Standard Office Hours
- Physical Demands (i.e., lifting, kneeling, crouching, climbing)
|Work may require the ability to lift 10-20 pounds infrequently.
Ability to talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Environmental Exposure (i.e., extreme weather conditions, noise levels, electrical or chemical exposure)
|May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computers etc.
- Overnight Travel (% of time)
|Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.