We are seeking an experienced and talented Production Manager
to join our Fremont, CA team
! The Production Manager
has full direct responsibility for the successful management and operation of the assigned areas. Controls the day-to-day operations of the production operation to ensure the site is meeting the company’s quality standards and those of our customers in the handling, cleaning, packing and delivery of parts for cleaning following the company standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, materials and presence of a safe working environment
- Correct documentation of the various operations and procedures as outlined in the SOP’s
- Proper supervision, motivation and development of the Production team
- Assembly of the manufacturing schedule from information received from the data processing and customer service departments.
- Ensures that new employees are properly trained prior to their unsupervised working in the plant.
- Advises Site Manager of any significant manufacturing problems as soon as they occur.
- Ensures that the plant and grounds are maintained in a clean, orderly and safe fashion through the 6S program.
- Establishes personnel and department goals and objectives consistent with those of the Company. Evaluates the performance of the assigned production personnel when requested.
- Completes Occupational Illness or Injury Report Analysis for accidents occurring in the plant and forwards the document to the EHS Specialist.
- Brings problems and recommendations to the attention of your manager in a timely fashion.
- Maintains required records for plant operations.
- Assists in the costing of the cleaning processes.
- Support and coordinate sites projects, and lead project segments as requested.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or BA preferred or 10 years of management experience
- 3 years minimum managerial experience
- 5 years minimum in process operations experience
- Semiconductor experience
- ISO 9000 experience
- Knowledge and experience in parts cleaning processes and techniques
- Knowledge of chemicals, quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of machines and tools
- Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
- Solid computer skills
- A high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and respect for others.
- A team player with an ability to communicate effectively with many interacting agents and departments within the site.
- Ability to recognize immediate and potential safety hazards and pursue appropriate actions to resolve and report
- Availability to work in non-routine hours from time to time and in case of emergency
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- The individual may be required to work shifts.
- The job may require travel from time to time.
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.