UCT is seeking an experienced and talented Quality Manager to join our team in Fremont, CA! The Quality Manager is responsible for Customer facing activities at a UCT facility. This position reports to the Site Quality Head. Responsibility focuses on delivered product quality & managing customer audits, scorecards, and 8Ds. This position is a combination of QMS Manager & Sr. CQE positions for sites with revenue greater than $5M and less than $50M in revenue per quarter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact for product quality issues - expected to partner with Manufacturing, various Engineering teams, Purchasing/Materials/Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations management. Escalations to next level management as applicable based on severity of issue
- Develop and maintain quality plans for product quality & scorecard improvement.
- Demonstrate skill in preventive quality engineering methods, data analysis, critical thinking, structured problem solving (8D), the use of metrics to identify opportunity, and business process improvement. Present performance and action plans to aligned goals & objectives during regular monthly reviews.
- Business process improvement experience required – must demonstrate an ability to define and creatively implement quality business systems within the Operations teams. Maintain acceptable quality ISO 9001 business processes with company and customer requirements.
- Develop, maintain and support Continuous Improvement efforts. Interact at all levels with Customers, Suppliers and all UCT sites across Engineering, Operations, Quality, Customer Service/Support, and management.
- Influence all site functions to meet/exceed QMS audits, Customer quality scorecards, and effective 8Ds
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified ISO-9001 Auditor
- Audit experience in product, process and system audits.
- Experience managing critical customer communications
- Experience with Lean, 6S, zero defect manufacturing processes, inspection methods and tools.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Quality, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical Engineering background is a plus
- ASQC CQA, CQT or CQE certification preferred
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in Engineering, Operations Quality & Reliability.
- Experience with successful leadership for quality and manufacturing systems, business process improvement, and problem solving
- 5+ year’s directly related supervisory/management experience desired, but not required. This position may not have direct reports
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is performed primarily in a manufacturing, office, warehouse and/or clean-room environment.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- Subject to noise levels in factory.
- Moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computer etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting). 10%
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.